Quinoa – Superfood for your skin and beauty! – India Gate
Quinoa is not only a nutritious grain that can be used to make delicious, healthy meals, but the superfood has amazing health, skin and hair benefits. Quinoa’s health & beauty benefits along with its delicious effect on meals makes it a must have for your pantry!
- Repairs Damaged Skin
Quinoa seeds are rich in vitamins and minerals such as magnesium, iron and calcium, that most people don’t get enough of. This is essential since fulfilling the iron need of the body is quite important since it maintains healthy cells, skin, hair and nails.
Quinoa contains high levels of vitamin E that neutralize the oxidant effect of free radicals—molecules that damage collagen—from sun and pollution exposure.
It is the only grain that contains the amino acid, lysine, which is important for tissue repair and growth.
- Brightening Skin
Rich in Vitamin B, Quinoa helps brighten and enhance your skin. It also adds texture to your skin and rejuvenates it making your skin richer and more vibrant.
- The Key to Anti-Aging
Quinoa is packed with manganese and vitamin B, making it a perfect anti-aging product. It nourishes and repairs sun damaged skin keeping our skin healthy improving elasticity and prevents the appearance of lines and wrinkles. Moreover, its copper content boosts collagen levels and keeps the skin hydrated.
- Promotes Hair Growth
Certain proteins extracted from quinoa acts as a natural coating to protect and nourish the hair follicles from within. Quinoa contains an amino acids like tyrosine, which encourages the re-pigmentation of hair and can helps maintain the original color of the hair.
The protein content in quinoa acts as a natural and gentle coating that protects and nourishes the hair follicles from within.
The nine essential amino acids quinoa contains act as natural strengtheners and protect the hair shaft. They also repair damaged hair and promote hair growth.
- Treats Acne
Quinoa is a natural way to prevent acne. It rejuvenates your skin and reduces the wrinkles due its collagen content. This, in turn, makes your skin soft and supple. Moreover, quinoa prevents acne by reducing the secretion of sebum.
- Helps Treat Dandruff
Quinoa contains important minerals like calcium, iron, and phosphorus that seal moisture in the scalp to help treat dandruff. The protein in quinoa also helps treat split ends.
Recipes by India Gate Quinoa
- Tri-colour Quinoa bake- Dinner
- Quinoa- boiled- 400 GMs (g)
- Pineapple chopped- 100-120 GMs (g)
- Boiled Broccoli purée (with very little water same which was used to boil the broccoli)- 200 GMs (g)
- Boiled Carrot purée- 200 GMs (g)
- Mozzarella – 100 GMs (g)
- Cheddar- 100 GMs (g)
- Mix the chopped pineapple into the quinoa with some salt and a little bit of pepper (optional).
- Grease a baking dish lightly with butter and Layer with half the quinoa and pineapple mixture.
- Mix 1/3 rd cheese in the carrot and broccoli purée each and reserve the rest.
- Spoon the broccoli mixture on top of the quinoa mixture, then the remaining quinoa on top, then the carrot mixture and finally top with remaining cheese.
- Bake it in a hot oven at about 200 degrees c (°C ) till warm through and the cheese gets a nice color on top. About 15-20 minutes
- Nutritional Value:
- Total Calories: 1193 kcals (1265)
- Carbs: 110.9g
- Fat: 58.6g
- Protein: 73.2g
- Fibre: 15.9g
- Quinoa pancakes
- Quinoa flour 1/2 cup
- Baking powder- 1 tsp
- Almond powder- 2 tbsps
- Corn flour- 1 to 1 1/2 tbsps
- Vanilla extract- 1/2 tsp
- Milk- ¼ cup
- Egg- 1
- Honey- 1 tbsp
- Sieve together dry ingredients.
- Whisk in milk, vanilla, honey and egg yolk.
- Fold in the dry ingredients and make a batter which is not too thick or thin.
- Make pancakes on a slow flame without butter.
- Lightly grease and wipe the pan from time to time.
- Serve with maple syrup, chocolate sauce or freshly whipped cream.
- Nutritive Value
- Calories: 270.6 kcals
- Carbs: 31.3g
- Proteins: 11.7 g
- Fats: 10.7g
- Fiber: 1.77g
About India Gate and KRBL Group
India Gate, a benchmark in quality food standards, is a KRBL Group flagship brand. As a global food brand, India Gate continues to earn respect and patronage among consumers world over.
Apart from the newly introduced Quinoa, India Gate also specializes in brown rice and is known in the region for its highest selling India Gate Classic Basmati rice.
KRBL’s journey started over 120 years ago as a company that engaged in grain marketing and agro processing. It was later incorporated in 1993 with the objective of processing paddy and with its vast experience and expertise, the miller is now synonymous with basmati rice – favorably positioning Indian basmati on the global food map.
As the world’s largest basmati miller and exporter, KRBL is currently present across all the basmati eating regions such as Asia, Middle East, Europe, USA, Canada, and Africa. KRBL is known for its seed development and farmer engagement program and the trust it has earned by implementing the fastest- scalable lab-to-market Public-Private Partnership project with the synonymous 1121 grain.
KRBL has won many accolades throughout the years with its most recent award being the awarded the coveted APEDA Award Golden Trophy for the largest exporter of Basmati rice. Additionally, it has received in 2016 Guinness World Records for the heaviest bag of rice. In 2015, it received the prestigious NAAS India Silver Jubilee Award for Basmati rice trade development.