Cleveland Clinic Abu Dhabi experts to showcase healthcare leadership
Experts from Cleveland Clinic Abu Dhabi, part of the M42 network, will lead the charge by sharing key learnings and interventions toward excellence in healthcare at the Arab Health Exhibition and Conference 2024, scheduled from January 29 – February 1, 2024, in Dubai.
The four-day exhibition, which will be held at the Dubai World Trade Centre and Fairmont Dubai, is currently in its 49th edition. It is hosted annually as part of the Arab Health 2024 platform. Aiming to empower knowledge sharing and communication toward excellence in healthcare, the congress features 10 conferences this year that are Continuing Medical Education (CME) accredited by Cleveland Clinic in the U.S.
Dr. Jorge Guzman, Chief Executive Officer at Cleveland Clinic Abu Dhabi, highlighted the importance of the annual congress, “Arab Health is a highly anticipated platform that fosters collaboration and expertise within the region’s healthcare sector. As in previous editions, our US-board certified physicians and clinical experts are leading many of the conferences at the Arab Health Exhibition and Conference 2024, promoting medical education and progress in line with Cleveland Clinic Abu Dhabi’s mission to educate those who serve.”
The multispecialty hospital also recently achieved pioneering Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME®) in the UAE, acknowledging it as a distinguished provider of CME.
Dr. Guzman shed light on his expectations from the upcoming healthcare event, “Educating those who serve is an integral part of Cleveland Clinic Abu Dhabi’s mission, and as a group of dedicated caregivers, we are keen to share our knowledge and expertise and engage with our peers to advance medicine and healthcare delivery. Events like Arab Health create effective platforms for exploring opportunities that will impact the way we deliver care.”
In total, the congress will host more than 165 sessions with over 330 speakers. Several Cleveland Clinic Abu Dhabi physicians will serve as activity directors for the individual conferences, which will cover innovations and research in various medical fields, including emergency medicine and critical care, radiology, surgery, quality management and infection control. These include participation in the following roles:
- Dr. Hidayath Ali Ansari, Staff Physician specializing in nuclear medicine at the Imaging Institute, will be the Activity Director for the 24th Total Radiology Conference.
- Dr. John Rodriguez, Department Chair of General Surgery in the Digestive Disease Institute, will be the Activity Director for the 23rd Surgery Conference.
- Dr. Timothy Souster, Department Chair of the Emergency Medicine Institute, will be the Activity Director for the Emergency Medicine & Critical Care Conference.
- Dr. Samah Nour, Department Chair of Occupational Medicine in the Caregiver Wellbeing Department, will be the Activity Director for the Public Health Conference.
- Dr. Samer Ellahham, Staff Physician specializing in cardiovascular medicine at the Heart, Vascular & Thoracic Institute, will be the Activity Director for the 15th Quality Management in Healthcare Conference.
- Dr Rabih Hijazi, Staff Physician specializing in endocrinology at the Medical Subspecialties Institute, will be the Activity Director for the Diabetes Conference.
- Dr. Maria-Fernanda Bonilla, Staff Physician specializing in infectious diseases at the Medical Subspecialties Institute, will be the Activity Director for the Infection Control Conference.
Aside from the congress, Arab Health 2024 will feature a Smart Hospital and Interoperability Zone to showcase future of operating rooms, emergency rooms and intensive care units, which is being designed in collaboration with Cleveland Clinic Abu Dhabi. Additionally, the Future Health Summit 2024, an invite-only event, will also be held on its sidelines on February 1, at the Museum of the Future.
In addition to its prominent presence at M42 stand, Cleveland Clinic Abu Dhabi is set to showcase its distinguished physicians and experts at the M42 stage throughout the Arab Health exhibition. Attendees can anticipate daily speaking panels featuring Cleveland Clinic Abu Dhabi’s leading healthcare professionals, who will engage in insightful discussions about the latest health technologies and innovations. To delve deeper into Cleveland Clinic Abu Dhabi’s active participation at Arab Health Exhibition and Conference 2024, visit the M42 stand and the dedicated Cleveland Clinic area at Dubai World Trade Centre, Halls 5 and 6, from January 29 to February 1, 2024.